MIDDLE EAST – Chevrolet today revealed the new Silverado, a significantly updated version of the brand’s best-selling truck. The new Silverado delivers customers more choices, more technology, and more off-road capability, ahead of its market debut in the Middle East next summer.
The new Silverado also includes the introduction of the first-ever Silverado ZR2, Chevy’s new flagship off-road truck, and the latest addition to a successful lineup of off-road capable pick-up trucks, including the legendary Z71 and factory-lifted Trailboss.
The New Silverado features an enhanced exterior design that asserts the presence and dynamism this generation introduced in 2019 plus a new, expressive interior with enhanced technology integration.
Changes include a class-leading, 13.4-inch-diagonal touchscreen standard on LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, and ZR2 as well as a 12.3-inch configurable driver information screen replacing the traditional gauge cluster.
“The Silverado is an icon of motoring culture in the Middle East, with a passionate fan base who are always looking for a vehicle that can keep up with their off-road adventures,” said Sharon Nishi, Chief Marketing Officer, GM Africa & Middle East. “The new 2022 Silverado model will not only meet the demands of our customers but surpass them, giving customers more choice, a more refined design, and new technology options. And with the introduction of the first-ever, off-road focused ZR2 trim, we’ll also be giving customers more off-road adrenaline than ever before.”
Additional highlights to the new 2022 Chevrolet Silverado include:
- A fully redesigned interior for LT, RST, LT, and Trail Boss trims featuring a redesigned, sweeping horizontal instrument panel that makes the cabin feel more spacious, along with a new, more functional center console (with available electronic shift control on most trim levels)
- A larger, 13.4-inch-diagonal color touchscreen and new 12.3-inch-diagonal configurable digital instrument cluster standard on models with the new interior
- Available on most trims, Google built-in² provides access to Google Assistant, Google Maps and Google Play right on your infotainment screen. This new experience works with Android AutoTM3 and Apple CarPlay4 and offers new levels of customization and flexibility for customers.
- Every trim features a new front fascia, which emphasizes the truck’s stability and strength with a wide, planted stance, while new daytime running lamps have been programmed with animated walk-up and walk-away functions in addition to swiping turn signal functions on select trims
First-ever Silverado ZR2
The first-ever Silverado ZR2 drives into the flagship position of Chevy Trucks’ factory-lifted off-road lineup, offering race-proven off-road performance customers can buy right from the showroom floor. The ZR2 brings together a premium interior, immersive technology, a number of standard safety equipment features, and off-road prowess in a comprehensive package.
ZR2’s suspension upgrades, enhanced off-road technology, and exterior enhancements were developed to optimize off-road performance and capability — whether desert running or rock crawling — while balancing everyday driving comfort as well as a payload and towing capacity of up to 553 kg and 4000kg respectively.
ZR2 highlights include:
- Standard 6.2L V-8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Silverado-first application of Multimatic DSSV spool-valve dampers
- Uniquely tuned springs that, with the Multimatic dampers, increase maximum front and rear suspension travel, compared to the Silverado Trail Boss
- Front and rear e-lockers
- Specific off-road chassis and suspension calibrations, including Terrain Mode, which allows one-pedal5 rock crawling
- Specific 33-inch off-road tires
- Unique skid plate package
- New steel front bumper designed for off-road strength, durability, and clearance, including an all-new, high-approach front bumper that enables an improved 31-degree approach angle, compared to other Silverado off-road models.
The bumper is designed with removable end caps for easier replacement in the event of close encounters with rocks or other off-road objects. The dual exhaust has been placed before the rear bumper to eliminate potential damage.
“Chevrolet has been competing on some of the most grueling, toughest off-road courses with a prototype Silverado ZR2 in the Best in the Desert race series,” said Dom Lester, General Motors chief engineer, Performance Variants, Parts and Motorsports Engineering. “We applied what we learned in racing and Moab testing to the new ZR2 to offer a supremely capable and confidence-inspiring package, but one that doesn’t beat you up on the highway with its ride quality. It’s equally capable and comfortable.”
In addition to its functional features, the new Silverado ZR2 is distinguished by several aesthetic cues, including a new black hood insert, a unique grille with integrated lighting and a “flow-tie” emblem, wheel flares, ZR2 badges, unique 18-inch wheels, and a unique Jet Black/Graystone leather-trimmed interior, with complementing dark trim.
The new Chevrolet Silverado arrives at dealerships in the Middle East in the summer of 2022.